Present your work at a national conference, see what surgical research is possible as a medical student, hear from outstanding guest speakers, try your hand at interactive small-group skills sessions!
This conference is organised by The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh and is hosted by Bristol SCRUBS. Medical Students and Foundation Doctors are invited to submit abstracts for oral and poster presentations at this research conference. Closing Date for Abstract Submissions: noon on Friday 12th January 2018. Held in the Education Centre of the Bristol Royal Infirmary, the conference will consist of talks, followed by research presentations and practical workshops.
Confirmed guest speakers: Professor Robert Hinchliffe speaking on a career in academic surgery and Ms Petra Marsh FRCS, contributing author of “The Hands on Guide to Surgical Training”.
– Suturing with tissues
– Laparoscopic stimulation
– Hand tying
Tickets: £8 (RCSEd & SCRUBS Members) or £10 (Non-members).
Tickets available at the RCSEd Event Page.
*** ABSTRACT SUBMISSION***
In order to submit an abstract, do the following:
1. Go to the RCSEd Event Page.
2. In the blue box to the right titled ‘Abstract Submissions’, click on ‘National Conference for Aspiring Surgeons (Bristol)’.
3. When prompted, log in or register to the RCSEd for free.
4. After being asked to agree with the Terms and Conditions of the RCSEd, You will then be redirected to the abstract submission form. Complete this, click save.
5. Ensure that you no longer have any changes to make. Click ‘Submit’ beside your submission draft. You can no longer make any changes to your submission once you have done this step.